Friday, January 16, 2009

Visitor

I've been working from home the last two days because this hypothyroid thing is playing havoc with my energy level and my emotional state. You can't cry or nap at work and still be respected so I've opted to work from home. I have radioactive iodine uptake tests on Monday and Tuesday which will hopefully show that the nodule is nothing to worry about and then its back on the meds and back to normal, well normal for me. Not too soon either, I am offically back to my pre-high blood pressure weight. I know that a lot of it is just fluid retention from the hormone deficiency but I still feel really depressed that I was unable to keep the weight off. The holiday and being off my meds did not help and I knew it was going to be a challenge but I really didn't expect to see that number on the scale again.

My Grandma is on hospice at the nursing home now. We really have no idea how long she will be able to hang on. She's on morphine and isn't responsive. She was able to get out for Thanksgiving and Christmas and was able to socialize a bit although she would get confused and mix up her time periods even then. She ended up in the hospital last week for a few days and it's been downhill since.

My cousin, Lena, is flying out here this weekend and staying with us. It will be nice to visit with extended family but sad due to the reason. I'm trying to get things prepared in our spare room in between some work stuff. We're going out on Saturday night for my Uncle's birthday which is actually Sunday. Happy B-Day Uncle Ed, I'm buying the Pina Coladas!

Other than that, be sure to check out DH's blog: http://thephotogeek.blogspot.com as he's been posting some awesome stuff again after a summer hiatus.

1 comment:

Big Ez said...

We may need something stronger