Friday, January 30, 2009

Patience...

I had to reschedule my Endocrinologist appointment due to icy weather, so now it will be a couple of weeks before I can get any answers to the thyroid nodule situation. I am back on my medications and feeling somewhat better although yesterday was a bad day. In my morning rush I missed a dose of T4 and had some swelling again by mid day...not sure why that happened so quickly. It is my first day off steroids, but those were tapered down and should not have cause a rebound effect. There was some stress which could have driven up demand for T4/T3 I suppose. Additionally, shoveling all that snow the prior day may have also driven up demand. I do know that my arms and legs feel extremely weak and my arm muscles are definitely painful from the minimal exertion. Even today I am feeling like my face and tongue are swelling again. My fingertips are tingly and painful and I have been having muscle cramps in my legs and back. On the plus side my eyelid swelling is down and my eyes are no longer tearing up every 30 seconds. The photosensitivity is down as well and my brain fog seems to have lifted.



I called the Endo's office to see if I could get my appointment moved up, but they do not have any openings at this time. They did say to keep checking back for possible cancellations, so I guess I will try to do that in hopes of getting in sooner.

No comments: