Friday, January 30, 2009

"AIN'T NO THING LIKE A CHICKEN WING"

On a weird note, I have been craving meat. So far this week I made a beef roast, Italian breaded chicken breast, BBQ chicken wings, and used ground turkey in my pasta sauce. Not sure the significance of this craving. Normally, I'm on the meat-light diet preferring tuna, egg whites, legumes, nut butters and the occasional steak to fill in the protein requirement. While I was off my medication I craved carbs....bread, pizza, potatoes, crackers, oatmeal, no grains were safe but as soon as I was back on my medication for a few days the meat obsession kicked in. I even told DH that at one point I could actually smell a pot roast dinner just by thinking about it. Right now if I think about BBQ wings I can almost taste them. The brain is a scary thing and can't be trusted!

I did make some fabu wings in the crock pot. I bought a package of wings, chucked them in the crock with a small bottle of sweet & tangy BBQ sauce (KC Masterpiece) and some water. Put it on high for 4 hours, drained the wings (the sauce was really thin), poured some more BBQ sauce on them and stuck them in the fridge. The next night I just microwaved them and swirled them around in the BBQ sauce and OH MY GOSH! They were fall off the bone deliciously good. DH and I had them with a side of asian veggies (that's how we roll). There "AIN'T NO THING LIKE A CHICKEN WING"