Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Patience Part II - Day 23

It's day 23 of being back on my thyroid hormones for hypothyroidism. I have had inconsistencies from day to day as far as how well I feel, but in general my energy is coming back. I was able to walk the dogs a total of 4 miles this past weekend when we had wonderful weather. They were so happy to be outside!

Symptom-wise I did have lots of foot pain and muscle cramping while walking and I did feel more winded than in the past.

On Monday night I did a mile on the treadmill. Since then my right foot has been cramping intermittently and today I'm having a back spasm.

The other issue is that I finished the T4 levothyroxine that I had filled locally and began taking the T4 from the mail order pharmacy...lo and behold the levothyroxine manufacturers are different which is concerning because while the formulas are supposed to be the same, it has been reported that sometimes different manaufacturers use different binders that can affect the uptake of the hormone.

Last night I played with the dogs a bit in the living room, wrestling around and tossing the toys. I got winded and really fatigued in the arms and legs. I don't know if this is because I changed the T4 (Levothyroxine) meds 4 days ago or if I have been pushing it because I am feeling better.

Bowling league is tonight and that will either help my back or send it over the edge. Again, I don't plan to push myself but breaking 90 would make me happy!

No comments: