Sunday, September 30, 2007

Boston - Day 1


Beer Sampler
Originally uploaded by mhaithaca
The entire Lacubrious Crew headed to Boston for our fall vacation. The Jonez's can only stay until Sunday, but the Lacurbrious's will be heading to CT for a few days, anyhoo.......

Day 1 - We landed, picked up the car and headed onto the Mass Pike to get to Framingham to our hotel. We made it after only one mishap on the Pike, can you say I-93, I thought you could. And then can say, "Helloe Mr Tollbooth guy, can you please direct me BACK to I-90?" I thought you could...

After checking in and grabbing some sandwich grub at D'Angelos, a local sub chain, we got directions from my cousin Lena so we could head to her house for a super quick visit with my Aunt Ruthe, and a longer visit with my cousin and her kids.

We stayed long enough that she finally recommended a brew pub where we could get some dinner and corralled her family together to join us! We went to John Harvard's in Framingham....tasty goodness and beer abounded!

2 comments:

Big Ez said...

It's the Pike you Midwesterners. Hope you are all having a great time. While in the Fairfield area, I recommend nothing. It's been so long since I was there I have no idea what is still open. Have a great time, and safe passage back in time to Missouri.

Big Ez said...

Hey by the way. If you are in Fairfield I recommend Luigi's Pizza, or the Beverly Pizza. Both are excellent. Luigi's in a more traditional Italian Pizza, and Beverly is a Greek style Pizza. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
If you do Luigi's and there is a redheaded waitress named Sharon, tell her Joanne and Ed said hello. We only know he for 30 years. Be safe.